Pages

Sunday, 19 January 2014

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer


                                                                                                                  
                                                                   

Another MUA product that has managed to make me fall head over heels for it. Being a sucker for a matte lip product when I started to hear about these I couldn't wait to get my paws on them - after searching 3 different Superdrugs for them and Superdrug's online shop with no luck I decided to buy them directly from the MUA website and hooray they had them all in stock, I was one happy bunny!

All of the shades in this range are intense and definitely not lacking in the pigment department, one thin swipe of these babies and you have an opaque coverage. It takes a couple of minutes for the product to dry once applied so it allows you to take your time getting your lips the perfect shape before they set. Once set you're left with a flawless matte finish. I find these lip lacquers to be perfect for a pin up look, be it a modern day version or the good ol' classic kind, pair it with a winged liner and your laughing - effortless but still glamorous!

They're long lasting, kiss-proof and silky smooth, in the pictures below you'll see a before and after of me eating a sugar coated jam doughnut, I chose this particular food because it's abrasive and oily (and yummy) so basically the velvet lip lacquers worst enemy.



So as you can see MUA Velvet Luxe lips held it's own in this fight - a little wear and tear around the inside but nothing a quick touch up couldn't fix.

These are definitely my favourite lip products at the moment, they don't feel sticky at all which is a massive bonus for me. I tried a sleek matte me lip cream and the formula was awful, it felt so sticky and cakey. The packaging is elegant and makes the product look more expensive than it's £3 price tag - as far as I know these are a permanent line so won't be going anywhere. Thankfully. Hopefully MUA bring out some more shades, I'm wishing for a lighter red, a nude pink and maybe even a slightly lighter purple (think Sleek Mystic lipstick) for the summer months.

Have you tried any of the products? What colour would you like to see added to this line?
Feel free to leave a comment with any questions you may have!

Hope you've all had a lovely day.

Sam xxx
                                                         Twitter // Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. SUCH a good review! That was a smart move, on selecting the doughnut. Also oh my god, purple lips on you is an absolute wowza look! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kooky is such a gorgeous colour!

    kcwong1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete